Even the littlest hero needs a break sometimes.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Friday, November 23, 2012
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
StartupNation.com Honors Nation’s Leading Moms in Business
Superkid Capes Wins Top Honors in Mom Business Competition
South Bend, IN – May 2, 2012– From among thousands of contestants, Superkid Capes has been ranked # 74 in StartupNation.com’s 2012 Leading Moms in Business competition (www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business), sponsored by Web.com (www.discover.web.com/) and Sam's Club (www5.samsclub.com/YourBusiness.aspx).
Over 350,000 votes were cast in support of the 2012 contestants, reflecting immense interest and supportiveness for moms building businesses at the same time they tend to their families.
“There’s been a sea change among moms as they’ve come to realize that adding entrepreneurship to their lives brings exhilaration and immense gratification, not to mention supplemental—sometimes primary—income to their families in these dicey economic times,” says Rich Sloan, chief startupologist and co-founder of StartupNation.
Superkid Capes creator Brooke Fuller commented, "I feel honored to make the top 200. It's great to see so many companies founded by moms." The winner’s profile for Superkid Capes can be found at http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business/contestant/11812/index.php.
The 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking highlights some of the dominant trends, motivations and attributes among moms in business. They include:
- A great eye for providing attractive discounts, coupons, savings and value, all especially important to consumer moms of the recession era.
- A likelihood to come up with innovative products and solutions to address the challenging maze of motherhood. It’s an environment that demands resourcefulness.
- Conscience-driven business, where “doing well” is just fine, but the real rush comes from doing good.
- The attraction of being your own boss looms large for moms wanting to take control they just can’t find in a day job.
- Sustainable solutions and responsible business practices are increasingly paramount.
- Making the most of social media for business benefit is seemingly a birthright for the socially adept moms.
The full results of the 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking are available on StartupNation’s website at http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
Rachel Vanoven is am amazingly talented photographer from Indianapolis IN. She specializes in newborn photography, mentors other photographers, and leads workshops all over the country. 2 years ago I made her little boy a super hero cape, and now 2 years later I made him another one! She took some shots of him jumping on the bed 2 years apart. I love it. She also took time out of her ridiculously busy schedule to capture some great shots of my all time favorite cape, our classic big bolt. These shots totally capture what being a super hero is all about!
2 years ago...
2 years later...
2 years ago...
2 years later...